[WBEL-users] cron and crontab

Sharon Kimble sharon63@lineone.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:16:13 +0000

I started yesterday to use crontab and was suprised to find no GUI for
crontab [I was looking for kcron, I think thats what its called] so I
found a program called 'vcron' which I'm now using.

However, I now find that whatever is put into my cron file, or root's
cron file in /var/spool/cron is not run by the cron daemon. Is this
because the daemon is not linked to this place? And if not, how do I get
the cron daemon to run my crontab please?

I've never used cron before, so I'm just starting out to learn it here.

Thank you
Sharon.