[WBEL-users] cron and crontab

John winger jwinger@nationsholding.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:04:52 -0600

Sharon,

For beginners I always suggest the following. If you look inside your
/etc directory you will find 4 directories called

cron.daily
cron.hourly
cron.weekly
cron.monthly

If you take the script or if you want a command to run create a script
copy it into one of these directories it will run automatically during
one of those durations.

Otherwise the crontab lives in the /etc directory and while not
suggested you may edit it directly.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

john