[WBEL-users] somewhat OT gnome/metacity question

Bevis Peters bevis@anvil.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:42:27 +0000

On the three WBEL boxes I use, I notice that mostly when I try and move
a window (by dragging it's title bar), there's a delay of maybe 1 second
before the window starts to follow the mouse pointer.  If I give up and
release the mouse button before the window starts to move, then after
that 1 sec (ish) delay is over, the window jumps to wherever the mouse
pointer is.
If I move the window by holding down 'alt', response is always instant.
Changing the window prefs to 'auto raise' makes no difference.  I've
searched the gnome maillists and google, but have found nothing about
this - has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've not tried a different window manager (ie sawfish) (embarrasingly, I
don't know how!)

I thought I'd ask here before going to a gnome list since I'm using WB.

bevis