[WBEL-users] strange problem with WBEL 3.0

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:35:33 +0100

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:30:41PM -0600, John Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Greg Brown wrote:
>
> > I just installed WBEL on a machine which was last running RH 9.0.  The
> > installation went smoothly but I am now having a problem obtaining a
> > DHCP address from my DHCP server.
> >
> > The ethernet card in the WBEL box is a 3c905.  My
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 looks like:
>
> What are some other details on the hardware?

I saw bad behavior with 3C905 (old, not B or C revision) with some
hardware and WBEL 3 and FC 1 distribution. No networking, no DHCP, but
it sometimes works. I replaced these network cards and I'm happy now
(revision B and C has HW checksum so this is win-win :-)).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz