[WBEL-users] ATA Raid Controllers (was: Promise Fasttrack100 non-RAID support)

Ajay Sharma ssharma@amntv.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:23:10 -0800

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 00:32, Michiel van Es wrote:

> I am also looking for a ATA Raid controller which is build-in in the Red
> Hat/White Box kernel.

I *highly* suggest looking at 3ware ATA controllers.  Their drivers have
been in the standard 2.4 kernel for a while and their cards are detected
by the installation process.  I was really blown away at how easy it is
to install linux on their controllers.

We're using their 4-port ATA controller here at work for a backup
server.  And I have one of their SATA controllers at home.  Both have
been working great (even installing gentoo on the SATA controller was a
snap!)

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a very satisfied customer!

later,
ajay