[WBEL-users] Configuring Lexmark Z23 Remote Printer

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:59:01 -0500

Good afternoon...

I've been trying to connect to a remote Lexmark Z23 (inkjet) printer.  I
noticed that it wasn't in the list for printer config initially, so I
tried a few close ones - no joy.  Then, I went out to Lexmark's site,
and downloaded the "Linux" drivers for the Z23/Z33 printer.  The install
complained because it was looking for the printer to be attached
locally, but it did install the files (at /usr/local/lexmark/z33).

However, a Z23 or Z33 still do not appear in the list of drivers that I
can choose for my networked printer.  Has anyone had experience with
this, or know how I could either define the driver manually, or make
cups aware of this driver?

Thanks...  :)

--
Daniel J. Summers