[WBEL-users] Adding bootable flag to running Array

Simone simone72@email.it
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:45:26 +0200

Hi,
looking for advice on the safest and quickest way to add the bootable flag
to a running Array. Last week we had to replace a disk on the samba server
and reconstruct the array (RAID1, 2 disks, $ partition each disk). My
fault, I forgot to add the bootable flag on the /boot partition. What I am
going to do, is shut down the linux box, start with a live cd and set the
bootable flag on the partition. Is this safe? Is it better to disjoin all
hdc from the raid, partition it again and rebuild the arrays?
If I proceed in the first way, I assume I won't lose any data and the array
will just run correctly......

As usual, any comment really appreciated. Have a nice day
Simone

 Sponsor:
 Sconti fino al 50% su eBay
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1649&d=5-7el Gruppo Cepu