[WBEL-users] hostRAID support on Some Adaptec Cards

Erik Williamson erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:17:13 -0600

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any success using hostRAID on some
Adaptec Cards (I've got an AIC 7902 on a Sunfire V60x) with WBEL.  My
goal is so do a RAID-1 mirror of the disks.  If I leave hostRAID off, I
can use software raid to sort of accomplish this - But it's klunky and
I'd rather have a true mirror.

Alas, if I turn on hostRAID, and create a RAID-1 mirror of the disks, it
is not recognized/found by the installer - I gather that there isn't a
driver from Adaptec that supports this feature.

Here's the drivers Adaptec has made available are here:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.jsp?language=English+US&cat=%2fProduct%2fASC-29320-R&sess=no&prodkey=Adaptec+SCSI+Card+29320-R

Thanks for any advice!
Erik.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary