[WBEL-users] Wireless Ethernet Woes

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:28:01 -0500

(Johnny - sorry about the dupe - I forgot to change the "To:" in my
reply to send it to the list.  You're the only one who's seeing two of
these...)

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> If the source is supplied, you can compile it for your kernel ... if
> it isn't, then you can't.  The manufacturer has to provide the info.

I've asked - haven't gotten a reply yet.

> You might try the latest driver here:
> http://aluminum.sourmilk.net/adm8211/
>
> It is an adm open source project.

Have you (or anyone else) used this with success under WBEL 3.0 R1?  I
tried to compile it (using the 2.4 Makefile) and got quite an error
list.  Rather than send a 1,000-line listing, I put it out on my web
site.  You can view it at
http://www.knology.net/~mopsmom/daniel/adm8211_errors.txt .  It looks
like some of the syntax errors are in files that are part of Linux.  Is
it possible I need something else from the Linux installation to be able
to compile this?

Also - is this a site you've used before, or did you find it via
Google?  (I'm just curious...  :>  )

Daniel J. Summers
E-mail - danieljs@knology.net
Web Site (Personal) - http://www.knology.net/~mopsmom/daniel