[WBEL-users] CGIs

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:30:46 -0400

I'm moving from RH 7.2 to WBEL. It seems the CGI scripts are way more
finicky on the new system. First, many exact copies, downloaded in ascii
from the old system and uploaded in ascii to the new system require
running dos2unix before they will run. Also, it seems that if I put a
cgi into a directory inside the cgi-bin, they'll refuse to run as well.
One of our users on a Mac, which does a lot of CGIs, is having huge
troubles where he didn't hit hardly any snags on the old RH 7.2 system.

Has anybody else been dealing with this? Any suggestions on what may be
the cause. I'm up to my ears in work and having trouble eeking out the
time to keep looking and configuring and trying to figure this out.

Thanks,
John Hinton