[WBEL-users] Re: drvnet.img

Keith Morse kgmorse@mpcu.com
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 23:55, Keith Morse wrote:
>
> > Hopefully someone has seen this issue before.  I need to use boot floppies
> > to install whitebox on a pc that has no cd drive.  It's a funky dell
> > desktop that requires a specific drive.  I'm using winimage to write the
> > image to a floppy.  The bootdisk.img works without problem.  With
> > drvnet.img winimage fails to read the image.  I've tried three of the
> > mirrors so far, all with the same behaviour "error reading image".
> >

> > Ideas?
>
> There seems to be something wrong with the dosutils directory on the
> mirrors .... it doesn't have all the tools in it.
>
> All the tools are on the Respin1 CD-1.
>
> I used dosutils/rawritewin/rawritewin.exe to write the Respin1 CD-1 to
> write images/drvnet.img to drive a with no problems.

Yes, I was expecting to find rawrite.exe there also.  Kind of surprised
not to find it.  I ended up searching on the web and found rawritewin
which ended up working and I was able to create a drvnet disk.

Still, it's kind of odd that winimage didn't work.  First time that I can
remember it not working on a redhat derivative boot image.