[WBEL-users] PHP and Apache 2.0

Andy industrial_soup@dynacomp.net
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:17:27 -0400

Hi,

When surfing through PHP docs I came across a page describing problems
PHP is having with Apache 2.0. In summary, Apache 2.0 is threaded, PHP
is not thread safe. The page further elaborates on the compile-time
parameters that I'm not really familiar with. The page in question is
found here http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

Can someone please confirm that this is indeed how httpd is compiled in
the stock WBEL rpm? I know that in Debian there are multiple httpd
packages to choose from, but WBEL has just one.

I would hate to have to compile Apache 1.3 every time I want to use PHP :-(

Thank you for your help!

Andy