[WBEL-users] PHP and Apache 2.0

Edward Rudd eddie@omegaware.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:08:58 -0500

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:17, Andy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When surfing through PHP docs I came across a page describing problems
> PHP is having with Apache 2.0. In summary, Apache 2.0 is threaded, PHP
> is not thread safe. The page further elaborates on the compile-time
> parameters that I'm not really familiar with. The page in question is
> found here http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php

This is FUD..  There are some issues with PHP not working nicely if you
Apache 2 is build with threading, but the default mode on linux for
apache 2 is preforking which is the same as Apache 1.3.

> Can someone please confirm that this is indeed how httpd is compiled in
> the stock WBEL rpm? I know that in Debian there are multiple httpd
> packages to choose from, but WBEL has just one.

WBEL's httpd is compiled in "prefork" mode which. (--with-mpm=prefork)
you can also download the WBEL httpd src.rpm file and look at the spec
file contained as to the compile options.