[WBEL-users] RedHat 9 migration?

Kurt Raschke kurt@raschke.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:54:31 -0400

Many thanks to those who responded to my initial query.
Unfortunately, when I first looked at WBEL, I neglected to take into
account the fact that one of the servers I was going to run WBEL on
will soon be upgraded to new hardware with SATA drives.

I have read that Linux SATA support is best in the 2.6 kernel series,
and given the recent exchange on this list regarding compiling a 2.6
kernel to run on WBEL, I suspect that I will probably be better off
with Fedora Core 2.

I'll certainly keep WBEL in mind in the future, but I think for now
FC2 may serve my needs better.

-Kurt