[WBEL-users] Athena

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:42:03 -0500

Good evening.

Does anyone have experience running the Athena library management system
under WBEL?  It's Windows-based, so I imagine it would need to run
through wine or similar "emulator"-type software.  I'm looking at
putting together 1-5 computers with the software (1 big-daddy-server
computer, 4 slender clients), and the best price I can find on the
configuration we need is one where I buy the parts at the best prices
and assemble them myself.  I've found a genuine full-blown new WinXP
Pro, in the box, for $129 (which is a great price), but if this software
will work under WBEL, that's $129 I won't have to spend (x5 = $645 - I
could build a 6th computer for that).  Since WBEL is the product of a
library, I figured it was worth a shot to ask the question.  Thanks...  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>