[WBEL-users] Java Development on WBEL?

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:15:09 -0600

When I installed my workstation with WBEL, I included the dev tools. I
notice that there's a number of Java-related rpms (ant, xalan, junit).
This is fortuitous since I've been thinking of re-acquainting myself
with Java development (it's been years since I touched anything). I've
been coding for about 25 years, so it's just a matter of re-learning
syntax and learning the useful parts of the libraries.

After spending a lot of time googling, I'm not coming up with any
indication of whether there's a complete set of Java dev tools (I would
guess yes looking at the installed packages). I was thinking of
downloading eclipse to toy with that environment.

Could somebody could point me to a couple of useful URLs? Or barring
that, any pointers or caveats before I get myself in trouble? *grin*

Thanks!

--
One-Day Introductory Course to Medieval Longsword
http://www.thearma.org/events/utah_ntp10.htm