[WBEL-users] WBEL (respin) with 875P Mobo

Raymond Lillard rlillard@sonic.net
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:36:11 -0700

I would like to install WBEL (respin) on an
ASUS P4C800-E mobo.  This system is to have
the OS installed on the Primary Master.  I
intend to use the two SATA-150 drives as a
software RAID1 for the data shares of a Samba
PDC.

I have booted up on the the install disk and
the SATA drives are not recognized but I'm hoping
that if I install the OS I will find the SATA
driver support available when I rebuild the kernel.

Is this correct.  I have an FreeBSD installation
on the system at the moment, but am having some
Samba issues (which I won't go into here).  I
am seriously considering moving to WBEL, but
don't want to blow-out my existing and partially
working installation, if WBEL doesn't support
access to the SATA drives.

I must commission this system this week and hope
to make the decision today.

Thanks,
Ray