[WBEL-users] Re:Question about VNC trouble. (Brent DiNicola)

jafar jafar00@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:50:52 +0200

I tried VNC a while back and found it to be a little slow and
troublesome. Have you investigated doing the remote X Session by XDMCP?
I use XMDCP to run a remote session on an underpowered PII366 128Mb RAM
Laptop. The server is an AthlonXP 2000+ with 512Mb RAM so you can
imagine the difference this makes to running Gnome on the Laptop ;) It's
like an upgrade. By contrast, running the session via vnc was a bit slow
and choppy at times and tended to use more cpu power on the server.
Give XDMCP a try. You won't regret it :)

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623