[WBEL-users] Iptables

Ivan Pechorin ivan@pechorin.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:27:07 +0400

Ganeshram Iyer wrote:

> I am a newbie to Linux and am trying to configure my firewall to a
> decent level. I used the script generator at
> http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/1.09 to generate my iptables scripts. But I
> am still in the dark as to what I need to do with this script? Do I just
> need to copy it to some directory or do I need to execute is as a shell
> script?

There is more simple and secure way to configure your firewall, assuming
that you use Whitebox or Red Hat Linux. Type the
"redhat-config-securitylevel" command in a shell prompt to launch the
Security Level Configuration Tool. If you are not root, it prompts you
for the root password to continue.

See Redhat-specific documentation for details:

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-basic-firewall.html
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/security-guide/s1-wstation-firewall.html
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/security-guide/ch-fw.html

--