[WBEL-users] Newbie - Installing X-Windows/KDE/GNOME

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:38:20 +0200

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 11:35, linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed whitebox as a barebone system.  Now, I would like to
> install X Windows, KDE, and GNOME.  What would be the proper way to do it
> (preferred yum)?

yum install kdebase

That should take along all dependancies and give you a basic KDE setup,
although you'll most likely also need kdepim , kdenetwork , kdegraphics and
kdemultimedia

For office needs, koffice would be a good idea.

Sorry, only experienced with KDE, perhaps a GNOME user could list minimum
needs for that system.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net