[WBEL-users] Intel 82865G integrated video problems with XFree86?

Mario Gamito gamito@netual.pt
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:17:15 +0100

Hi,

I've been using DELL for many years in Linux both on desktop and on
servers.
Right now i have an Optiflex GX 270 SMT for desktop that the
(motherboard embedded) graphic card you mention.

Unfortunately, Intel seems to have stopped developing their video
drivers for Linux on version 810 on of their cards.
Either we accept it, either we don't.

No choice... except... do what  i have done: i've ordered my machine
with a nVidia GeForce. Just more 130 euros (more or less the same in
USD).
If you buy graphic a card in a retailer and insert it yourself inside
your box, it will probably be cheaper.

Regards,
Mário Gamito