[WBEL-users] remote install?

whitebox@greatlakedata.com whitebox@greatlakedata.com
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:20:23 -0500

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 07:00, whitebox@greatlakedata.com wrote:
> i've loop mounted boot.iso, and unzipped and loop mounted initrd.  it
> seems to be a nice wee filesystem, but conspicuously absent from its
> content is /usr.  so just where is /usr/bin/sh supposed to come from?

ah, right, it needs the union set of the stage2 and initrd filesystems.

but unfortunately, now it bites the dust after i press "disk druid".
darn.  this worked under rh9.

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 07:31, Andy Rabagliati wrote:
> I think anaconda supports VNC directly - just say "linux vnc" at
> the syslinux prompt ??

i wanted to install from hard disk.  but fooey, i guess i have to get
whitebox burned to CDs and get somebody over there to boot them and
change them, even if i do get VNC control.  there's undoubtably a better
way, but i donno what it takes, perhaps a different installer, perhaps a
different distro.  if anyone knows, do tell.

ta,
greg
--
gregory whitley mott