[WBEL-users] Question on mysql

Vincent.Raffensberger@dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger@dtn.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:51:24 -0500

Just a guess here:
The ps utility changed it's default display options since your old
version.  Use '-m' to see the threads.

If that was it, you may want to make an alias in bashrc so you won't
forget the '-m' every time:
alias ps='ps -m'

John Hinton <webmaster@ew3d.com>
Sent by: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
07/26/2004 08:29 AM

Whitebox Users <whitebox-users@beau.org>
cc

Subject
[WBEL-users] Question on mysql

I have moved from RH 7.2 to WBEL.

I have a very intensive MySQL system with lots of writes and some
reports out.

On RH 7.2 I noticed safe_mysqld and maybe 5 mysqld's running pretty much
all the time. On WBEL, there is only ever one of each. Our loads have
gone up, but not all that much and it seems MySQL queries are taking
much longer.

Is there some good reason for only one instance running under WBEL?

If not, where do I go to allow/set more daemons to start up?

Thanks,
John Hinton