[WBEL-users] Floppy boot?

Paul Pianta pantz@lqt.ca
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:33:43 -0400

david wrote:

> I am considering a jump to Whitebox, being a bit afraid of the pace of
> Fedora.  I would be grateful if someone could answer these questions:
>
> 1)  Has anyone performed a switch (I am reluctant to call it an
> upgrade or downgrade) from Fedora Core One to Whitebox?  If so, are
> there any huge gotchas?
>
> 2)  FC1 had a floppy boot.  FC2 does not.  I can't seem to find one in
> the WB binaries.  Does such exist?  [Background:  I have an old
> computer without a cdrom bootstrap capability].
>
> 3)  Which version of Apache web server is included?
>
> Much thanks
>
> David

Hi David,

Looking at my liberation-respin1-binary-i386-1.iso loop-mounted I can
see that there is a file called 'bootdisk.img' in the images directory.
If this is like any previous redhat released isos - I would say that is
the image you can use with 'dd if=bootdisk.img of=/dev/fd0' to get a
bootable floppy ...

Hope that helps

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!