[WBEL-users] IMAP and Squirrelmail

Hugh Crissman hsc-linux@nc.rr.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:45:04 -0400

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 09:22:11AM -0400, William Hooper wrote:

> Hugh Crissman said:
> > Ok, now I
> > am trying to figure out IMAP. Enter the pain. All the docs that come with
> > imap say it is easy "plug and play" out of the box. Well, not my box. I
> > can't figure how to change the config to point to my home directory which
> > is where my mailbox is. The setup doc says, "change routine sysinbox()".
> > What is sysinbox? I don't know. If someone know any
> > good docs or can point me in the right direction that would be very useful.
> > I don't even know where to start
>
> Are you using the supplied IMAP server (imap-2002d-8.i386.rpm) or another one?
>
> Using Uw-imap (above) is as easy as:
>
> 1) Set up a system user
> 2) install imap ( rpm -ivh imap-2002d-8.i386.rpm)
> 3) enable imap (chkconfig imap on)
>
> --
> William Hooper

I am using the supplied UW-IMAP. But, I use maildir format not mbox. Is
that a problem. Also, I suspect that where I spool mail to could be an
issue. All my mail is collected via fetchmail, then filtered through
procmail and ultimately deliverd to ~/Mail/"maildir formated dir". I am
open to revamping this process if anyone has any comments. Ultimately, I
want to run an IMAP server w/ squirrelmail for my internal network and
possibly a couple of family members, ie. external. Thanks for the
feedback.
--
Sincerely,

   Hugh Crissman