[WBEL-users] RH ES3 & YUM

Mon, 31 May 2004 20:20:40 -0500

--=-k/i5fS22DLZEd+jw71vH

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 18:54, eric fleming wrote:

> I have the boxed set RH ES3.  And want to install it on my home
> workstation, but of course the RHN registration is already being used.
>
> Can I install from the RH CD's and then use YUM to update my packages
> and kernel, using the WBEL mirrors?

Yes

> Are there any special considerations to be taken when planning for this
> type of arrangement?

It would be a violation of your RedHat service agreement :)

> thx
>
> eric

Personally, I would just install WhiteBox EL or CentOS.  You are going
to have issues with things like /etc/redhat-release otherwise ... and
you may have other things that were modified  to remove logos /
trademarks etc some of which will be updated ... others may not be.

Why chance problems ... just install whitebox.  AND you won't have to
worry about RH canceling your other subscription for breach of
contract...

-Johnny Hughes

--=-k/i5fS22DLZEd+jw71vH

<HTML>