[WBEL-users] vsFTPd

Thomas Swan tswan@idigx.com
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:16:33 -0500

Richard Swift wrote:

>General question, hopefully someone else has experienced this and knows
>how to fix it. On the initial connection to my vsftp server it takes
>sometimes in excess of 15 to 30 seconds. Is this a result of an improper
>configuration or is there something I can do to tweak settings? Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>I'm a newbie but I'm shedding this label as quickly as possible...

I don't know if this helps.  But I had similar delays with programs that
were trying to resolve the name of the connecting IP address.   When I
did this from internal sites, the server would delay for quite a bit
while it tried to resolve 192.168.x.x.     You can test this by adding
an entry in your hosts file (on the vsftpd server) for your IP address
and giving it a name.   See if your connection speed improves.