[WBEL-users] vsFTPd

Jeff Maze maillists@crescentdigital.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:35:28 -0400

 First, I'd check the firewall configuration..  Your server maybe running
passively, but if the ports aren't open, it will take a little while for the
server and client to talk and get things connected..

Easiest (but not the safest) is to open UDP ports 1024:65535 to your
server..  You can even configure VSFTP to use only certain ports to that not
everything about 1024 is open..

Here's a very good write up about configuring VSFTP..
http://www.markus-welsch.de/linux/services/ftp.html

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org [mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Swift
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:36 AM
To: Users Group
Subject: [WBEL-users] vsFTPd

General question, hopefully someone else has experienced this and knows how
to fix it. On the initial connection to my vsftp server it takes sometimes
in excess of 15 to 30 seconds. Is this a result of an improper configuration
or is there something I can do to tweak settings? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm a newbie but I'm shedding this label as quickly as possible...
--
Richard Swift <rs@swift-technologies.net>