[WBEL-users] UPS - MGE Ellipse 1200

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:13:14 -0400

Alex Georgiev wrote:

>> Simone wrote:
>> - ---
>>
>>> The thing is that we have a MGE Ellipse 1200 UPS that I can use, but
>>> I'm completely new to this and I was wondering if there's anything I
>>> should know before I start using it. Going to test it on a box I have
>>

>> - ---
>>      There is a program out there that doesn't come with WBEL/RHEL
>> called NUTS.  (Network UPS Tools Support.)  I've head good things about
>> it, but haven't used it myself.  I don't know if it supports the MGE
>> Ellipse 1200 UPS.
>>      Good luck.
>

> http://www.mgeups.com/opensource/ups.htm
>
> NUT is open source project sponsored by
> MGE, as far as I can tell.

And just for another vendor, the Belkin units, at least the ones I've
been using, come with Linux drivers on the CD. In any case it's good PR
to drop a line to a vendor who supports Linux and tell them "I bought
your product because it supports Linux." Good investment in the future.
--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)