[WBEL-users] Burning CD's of WBES iso images?

David Jao djao@dominia.org
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 11:54:36 -0700

I think you're a little confused here. "Bootable" is an attribute of the
ISO file itself, and it does not depend on what program you use to burn
the ISO image. The choice of burning program is irrelevant.

The first Whitebox CD is definitely bootable (hundreds of people on this
list can attest to that). As long as you follow the proper instructions
for burning an ISO image, the resulting CD will be bootable no matter
what program you used to burn the image.

A good set of instructions for burning an ISO image with NERO can be
found at http://members.home.nl/lsnoek/iso.htm#Nero%20Burning%20ROM

Also, http://www.google.com/search?q=nero+bootable+CDs indicates that
NERO is capable of burning bootable CDs, although this is also not
relevant to Whitebox since it would only apply if you are creating your
own bootable ISO images, which is not the case here.

-David