[WBEL-users] reccomended bus based ethernet card

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:58:30 -0500

--=-qVY+fmAfk9PCLpH/p58+

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 14:38, Greg Brown wrote:

> I'm looking for a good second ethernet card or WBEL boxes.  My trusty
> old favorite 3com cards don't seem to work with WBEL installed from CD
> so I need another suggestion.  I'm building some internal firewalls
> using old PC hardware so I need multiple ethernet ports, in most cases
> just two ports, so I'm curious what other users are having success with.
>
> I've tried 3com 3c509, 3c905, and 3c905b-tx cards all of which seem to
> conflict with WBEL in some way.

I haven't had any problems with 3com cards and WBEL ... how old is old?
If they are PCI cards, it shouldn't be an ehternet card issue.  Getting
ISA cards to work, on the other hand, can be hard with any Linux distro.

I personally use NetGear FA-310 and FA-311 cards (I still have several
dozen on the shelf) ... they are cheap and work well for me.  (looks
like they no longer make the FA-310).

> Any suggestions?
>
> Greg

--=-qVY+fmAfk9PCLpH/p58+

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>I'm looking for a good second ethernet card or WBEL boxes.  My trusty
old favorite 3com cards don't seem to work with WBEL installed from CD
so I need another suggestion.  I'm building some internal firewalls
using old PC hardware so I need multiple ethernet ports, in most cases
just two ports, so I'm curious what other users are having success with.

I've tried 3com 3c509, 3c905, and 3c905b-tx cards all of which seem to
conflict with WBEL in some way.
</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't had any problems with 3com cards and WBEL ... how old is old?&nbsp; If they are PCI cards, it shouldn't be an ehternet card issue.&nbsp; Getting ISA cards to work, on the other hand, can be hard with any Linux distro. <BR>
<BR>
I personally use NetGear FA-310 and FA-311 cards (I still have several dozen on the shelf) ... they are cheap and work well for me.&nbsp; (looks like they no longer make the FA-310).
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373"><I>Any suggestions?

Greg