[WBEL-users] Forums, again.

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:07:27 -0400

Jesús García González wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I may have a say, I'm new to Linux and WBEL is the first distro I've
> started to seriously work with. Personally, I'd like that this list remained
> as the main source of help and discussion, BUT sometimes when I ask a
> "newbie-question", along with a bunch of people who generously take the time
> to help me with my question, I get replies bouncing me off to go somewhere
> else to find help for my "off-topic" questions (Linux discussion lists, etc.
> etc.)

People who point you to other resources are trying to help too. If you
ask a question which suggests that you need an education rather than a
specific answer, particularly to a question which is pretty common to
all Linux flavors, then a diferent forum may be more useful.

Ask questions here, be prepared to occasionally get a suggestion for a
search topic, URL, or similar. Sometimes people ask questions that just
don't fit a useful short answer other than "here are places you can look."

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)