[WBEL-users] changing txqueuelen

Kirby Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:47:10 -0500

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:56:02AM -0500, Vincent.Raffensberger@dtn.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the default txqueuelen value for eth
> devices via initscript's ifup scripts?
> I can change it with ifconfig in rc.local, but I'm looking for a cleaner
> way to do it upon startup.

Vincent,

	I'm not sure if you'll view it as cleaner or not, but the
startup scripts run ifup runs ifup-post which at the bottom runs
"/sbin/ifup-local", which passes as a parameter the device which
you just ifup'ed.  You could script it there (then the setting would
be run every time, not just on boot).

	Otherwise, you might check in:

/usr/share/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt

The closest thing I've found that might work, is if you can set it
via ethtool, there is an option:

    ETHTOOL_OPTS=...
      Any device-specific options supported by ethtool. For example,
      if you wanted to force 100Mb full duplex:
        ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"
      Note that changing speed or duplex settings almost always
      requires disabling autonegotiation with 'autoneg off'.

Reading the mage page, there's nothing obvious that sets the
txqueuelen, but it might be there under a different name that I
don't recognize.

		Kirby