[WBEL-users] performance of update 1 slow

Alex Marz alex@regina.sask.cc
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:59:18 -0600

--------------060005000303080506050509

whitebox@911networks.com wrote:

>Hi Bernie,
>
>Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 12:11:35 PM, you wrote:

>BH>      A little off the list's topic, but...
>
>BH> whitebox@911networks.com wrote:
>BH> - ---
>

>>>SuSE has a good track for supporting their software. SuSE still
>>>supports 7.3 [which is almost 4 years old].
>>>

>BH> - ---
>BH>      Are you sure about that?  I just received an e-mail today from
>BH> SuSE's security mailing list about support for SuSE Linux 8.0 being
>BH> discontinued.  See:
>
>BH> <http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security-announce/2004-Jun/0004.html>.
>
>That's news to me. [I have not received the email yet]. I have been using:
>
>http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/
>
>The best system for keeping a SuSE system up-to-date. It allows
>for just the security updates.

Please feel free to review the attached e-mail ;)

Alex

--------------060005000303080506050509
 filename="[suse-security-announce] Discontinued SUSE Linux Distributions.eml"

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:00:21 +0200 (MEST)
From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@suse.de>
To: suse-security-announce@suse.com
Subject: [suse-security-announce] Discontinued SUSE Linux Distributions

Wed Jun 16 20:00:00 MEST 2004
Dear suse-security-announce subscribers and SUSE LINUX users,

having provided security-relevant fixes for version 8.0 of our home user
product, SUSE Linux, for two years, we would like to inform you that SUSE
Linux 8.0 will be discontinued for all architectures. Vulnerabilities
found after June 30th 2004 will not be fixed any more for SUSE Linux
8.0.

By consequence, the SUSE Linux 8.0 distribution directories on our ftp
server ftp.suse.com will be moved to the /pub/suse/discontinued/ directory
tree structure to free space after the recent availability of the new SUSE
LINUX 9.1 ftp version; the 8.0 directories in the update trees will follow
later in July/August 2004, as soon as all updates have been published.

The discontinuation of SUSE Linux 8.0 enables us to focus on the SUSE
LINUX distributions of a newer release date to ensure that our customers
can continuously take advantage of the quality that they are used to with
SUSE LINUX products.

This announcement holds true for SuSE Linux 8.0 only. As usual, SUSE
will continue to provide update packages for the following home users
distributions:

SuSE Linux 8.1
SuSE Linux 8.2
SUSE LINUX 9.0
and
SUSE LINUX 9.1

for a two-year period after the release of the respective distribution.

Please note that the maintenance cycles of SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server
products and products based on the SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server operating
system are not affected by this announcement. To learn more about SUSE
LINUX business products, please visit
http://www.suse.com/us/business/products/.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please do
not hesitate to contact SUSE security at <security@suse.de>.

Best regards,
Roman Drahtm=FCller,
SUSE Security.
- - --=20
| Roman Drahtm=FCller      <draht@suse.de> // "You don't need eyes to see, =

  SUSE Linux AG - Security       Phone: //             you need vision!"
| N=FCrnberg, Germany     +49-911-740530 //           Maxi Jazz, Faithless =