[WBEL-users] New to WBEL and saying hello

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner@NASA.gov
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:04:07 -0400

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:21 -0700, Ed Morrison wrote:
> I¢m a new to WBEL and installed my 1st installation yesterday.
> Everything went well and I¢m looking forward to playing with it.
> Out of curiosity has anyone tried to upgrade the kernel with
> selinux?

Presume you are referring to 2.6 kernels (e.g. Fedora Core 2) with
selinux?  Haven't seen anything specifically about selinux on WBEL, but
there has been some discussion on the -users and -devel lists about 2.6
kernels in general:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_qdr=all&q=2.6+kernel+wbel+site%3Abeau.org&btnG=Search

One school of thought is that if you are looking for a stable
environment with WBEL, why throw a new kernel into the mix?  During FC2
testing selinux was sufficiently problematic that FC2 was released with
it turned off by default.  If you want 2.6 why not try FC2?

Others say they have had good results and improved performance with 2.6.

> Anyway I¢m looking to being apart of this community and contributing
> as I can.

Welcome.  Please report results with selinux.

Phil