[WBEL-users] easy soho server-configuration

Rainer Hamann rainer@hamann-kiel.de
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:06:01 +0200

I've developed an application for an easy server configuration for RedHat 8.2.
The application copies preconfigured configuration files to the server and
replaces values like $HOSTNAME$, $IP$ and so on by the actual values of the
server. Configured services are dhcp, nis, bind, nfs, samba and kickstart
files.

The program is written in lazarus/free pascal.

I've just found Whitebox linux on distrowatch.com and downloaded, installed it
and decided to use it for our networks in my school. We have about 80
workstations and 2 servers and have to make a new installation, because the
harddisk of our main server has become to small.

I'll test the next days, if my tool is running on Whitebox linux, and I would
like to make it part of Whitebox linux, if you are interested in it.

Rainer Hamann