[WBEL-users] Backups?

Paul subsolar@subsolar.org
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:43:55 -0500

I have a similar setup & situation (2x80GB Mirrored)... currently we
have a cron job that tars off the data to a AIT-2 tape automatically
mon-thu & sat with the sat in a four tape rotation with the last one in
each cycle put off-site.

The tape drive cost $900 and the tapes are $65 each ... using hard
drives as back would end up costing the same.  The only thing I can
think off as a drawback is hot swapping the hard drives some IDE cards
support it.

Anybody tried firewire hard drives??

Paul