[WBEL-users] Whitebox hanging after install

Nick Lunt nick@javacat.f2s.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:59:33 +0100

Hi Ron,

I dont know whats causing the problem, but you can prevent WB from probing
for new hardware by disabling kudzu.
kudzu is an init program that looks for new hardware at each reboot.

Try to boot into rescue mode and run 'chkconfig kudzu off' as root and see
if it manages to boot normally then.

Hope that helps
Nick.

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
[mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]On Behalf Of Ron
Sent: 24 June 2004 22:21
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: [WBEL-users] Whitebox hanging after install

All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 Laptop with 512mb P4.  I install Whitebox ok
after it told me it was rebooting after install it goes thru is startup
procedure. Everything says ok but when I get to checking for new hardware it
stops(hangs).  It has been there for about 30 min so far I have done this
twice.  Any suggestions.  By the way new to Linux longtime windows user.

Thanks in advanced
Ron Gallon