[WBEL-users] mozilla segfaults after yum updat

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:03:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Mathieu LUBRANO wrote:

> BTW I can't recompile the wb source kernel, since the package is broken...
> event the latest 2.4.21-15.0.2. The make modules dies on fusion devices,
> then in the addon section...

Reinstall the kernel sources package.  Then go to the directory and copy
the appropriate file from the config directory to .config.  Now run

make oldconfig
make dep bzImage modules modules_install

I'm sure there is a more automated (grubby?) way, but manually you need
these steps:

Copy arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot/vmlinuz-{version}
Copy System.map to /boot/System.map-{version}

If you need an initrd (SCSI controller, etc) run mkinitrd.

Frob your bootloader (lilo or grub)

Note that your custom kernel will probably have -custom as part of the
name unless you manually edit the Makefile.  This is intentional and
should not be changed unless you understand why.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!