[WBEL-users] yum

Erik Williamson erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:48:53 -0600

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that you need to specify the excludes in your yum.conf -
here's an excerpt from the yum.conf manpage:

<snip>

exclude
   list  of  packages  to  exclude  from  updates or installs. This
   should be a space separated list.  Filename globs *,?,., etc are

   allowed.

</snip>

So, adding the line:
   exclude=kernel* openssh*

Would prevent yum from playing with any packages whose names begin with
'openssh' and 'kernel'.

Hope this helps!
e.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary