[WBEL-users] Odd window drag behaviour

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:00:52 -0600

I can't find anything relevant in google, so here we go....

I'm running WBEL on my workstation, with the "workstation" install. I've
installed the latest updates. I've done very minimal customization to
the system, just the common stuff (set up hostname, network, etc.) as
well as
1) install VMWare,
2) install a dev tool (Kylix 3), and
3) install Mozilla 1.7 to /usr/local, leaving the Mozilla RPM intact. I
simply put /usr/local/mozilla/bin first in PATH to "override" the
default Mozilla. (I'm using a more recent feature.)

I'm using the default window manager and am seeing odd behaviour when I
try to drag a window. I noticed this morning that if I go into Start
Here -> Preferences -> Windows and do *nothing* except click close, the
bad behaviour goes away until  I log out. It comes back when I log back in.

Any ideas?

There are two variants. The common one happens maybe 95% of the time.
After the uncommon one happens a time or two, the common variant resumes
it reign of annoyance. :-)

The common variant:
1) Click and hold the title bar. [OK]
2) Move mouse. [Expecting to drag but nothing happens; window in
original place]
3) Release mouse. [nothing happens]
4) Click elsewhere on the screen [window jumps as if I had dragged it to
the place I clicked]

The uncommon variant:
1) Click and hold the title bar. [OK]
2) Move mouse around. [Expecting drag but nothing happens for a second
or two]
3) Continue to move mouse around. [Window drag starts to work]

--
One-Day Introductory Course to Medieval Longsword
http://www.thearma.org/events/utah_ntp10.htm