[WBEL-users] rhn-applet-gui missing?

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser@pmbenterprises.com
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:47:54 -0500

In RH 9 and precious versions, there is an applet that loads a
notification icon in the systray and runs in the background, checking
RHN for updates on a periodic basis: 'rhn-applet-gui'. I don't see this
applet in WBEL 3.0-fixed. Is this one of those licensed applets from RH
that can't be distributed with WBEL? I always liked how it notified me
of updates available. Great for lazy people who tend to forget to check
for updates.

I have 'up2date' fixed so that it works with WBEL sources. It would be
nice to see the alert icon in my systray. If this is an RH-thing, can I
install it from RH 9 and have it work with the WBEL repositories?

TIA,

Paul