[WBEL-users] contrib Kernel 2.6 ?

Dan Geist Dan.Geist@cox.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:20:35 -0500

Stephanie, that dependency is part of the modutils package (available
for download from the same site). Unfortunately, the pre-release redhat
version numbers on the modutils packages do conflict with the WBEL
version numbers at the moment. You can still install them, though, using
the --force option with rpm -i.

I'd have to look to see if the new modutils is backwards compatible with
the 2.4 kernel in WBEL3. I imagine it is, and I'll find out in a minute
if it isn't... Ultimately, though, once RedHat decides it's stable and
releases the "official" source RPM to the download sites, there's no
reason not to incorporate it as an update into WBEL, IMHO.

Dan