[WBEL-users] White Box wins election on Super Tuesday

Ralph Roberts / Creativity, Inc. ralph@abooks.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:50:17 -0500

Our new server came in this week on Super Tuesday. The CPU is an Athlon
3400+ 64-bit chip. I tried CentOS 3 (still in beta) and TaoLinux--because
both purported to support the 64-bit chip. TaoLinux could not be induced to
recognize my video card, hence X windows would not fire up. CentOS installed
nicely, but I could not get MySQL or PostgreSQL to run. Since I am already
running WBEL on another server here, I KNEW it would install and do
perzactly what we needed. And it did ... So WBEL handly won the election and
the new server is up and running VERY nicely with it. See:

http://taft.nuoj.com

for the final election results.

Thanks again to John, the Beauregard library system, and all of you guys who
help make White Box a winnah!

Best,

--Ralph

--Ralph Roberts, CEO