[WBEL-users] Yum-Arch Error

Aaron Smith asmith@nexcerpt.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:55:13 -0500

--=-CgN0uXDa4rSE2SX2DrGf

	So I decided to create a local yum repository for the Whitebox updates
here on my network.  I downloaded all the RPM's from a mirror site for
the i386, i686, and noarch directories and recreated them on a local web
server.  I ran yum-arch and it came back with no errors.  However, a
couple of the header files were created incorrectly.  These two
packages:
mod_python-3.0.3-3.ent.i386.rpm
rpm-python-4.2.1-4.4.WB1.i386.rpm

Had their header files created with titles like this:
mod_python-0-on-3.ent.i386.hdr
rpm-python-0-on-4.4.WB1.i386.hdr

Consequently, when I run yum check-update, it does not find the updated
versions of these packages.  The troubling part is that I only
discovered this because I had run yum check-update against the mirror
site first and then noticed that the mod_python package didn't show up
when checking updates against the local repository.  Further, the system
that I'm checking updates on has been updated once already so it's quite
possible that more header files are wrong and won't get updated on any
freshly installed systems.
	Does anyone have any ideas about what might cause yum-arch to do this?
--=20
Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director        		fax: 269.349.9076=09
Nexcerpt, Inc.          		http://www.nexcerpt.com
=09
	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise

--=-CgN0uXDa4rSE2SX2DrGf