[WBEL-users] MySQL 4.0

Karanbir Singh kbsingh@poboxes.com
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:54:31 +0000

I stand corrected,  I do mean --force ( its been a long day, and its not
over yet!)

Like I said in my previous email, you should remove MySQL 3.23 before
you install 4.0, so that you dont have to force a  4 install. If you
have live data on the database, you would need to follow an upgrade
path. ( convert all table types to MyISAM, move security tables across

Backups before the move are not a bad idea either.

--
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh@poboxes.com>
http://www.karan.org/ -- ICQ: 2522219