[WBEL-users] WBEL kernel slower than RH9?

Daniel T. Gynn dan.gynn@essensys.com
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:43:02 -0500

--=-zFuHeFwjd4tIijviUYFy

It is a RAID drive.  I sure hope this isn't a problem.  I wouldn't want
to have to recompile a kernel for each update.  It seems odd that their
changes would slow down the kernel and they would claim that the kernel
is optimized.

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 15:22, Carsten Emde wrote:
> Daniel T. Gynn wrote:
>=20
> > When I was trying to narrow down a cause of a hardware problem I
> > noticed that the WBEL kernel seems slower than a RH9 kernel.
> Is this a SCSI or RAID system? RedHat made some changes to the SCSI
> interface between RH9 and RHEL. Have a look here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3Den&lr=3D&ie=3DUTF-8&selm=3DzBxZ.rD.1=
1%40gated-at.bofh.it
> I had the same problems and this solved them completely. I am
> now using a command queue length of 8.
>=20
> Carsten Emde.
--=20
-----------------------
Daniel T. Gynn
RHCE #806200978201621
Essential Systems, Inc.
412-931-5403 ext. 1
fax: 412-931-5425
dan.gynn@essensys.com
GnuPG Key http://www.essensys.com/~dan/gpgring.asc
Fingerprint: 0979 73B8 847A 349E 7363  66F4 6A79 DD72 495D CD60

--=-zFuHeFwjd4tIijviUYFy

--=-zFuHeFwjd4tIijviUYFy--