[WBEL-users] Up2date question

Ioannis Vranos ivr@emails.ru
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:26:27 +0200

By preselected I mean that their square boxes on the left were ticked by
default. :-)

> The only packages that should be handled differently are the kernel*
> packages, which you have to specifically tell up2date to
> update.  This can
> be changed by adjusting the "Package Exceptions" using "up2date
> --configure".

Yes thhe kernel packages  were shown at first. I am talking about the next
screen where glibc, Xfree etc packages were shown ut only few were
preselected, the rest had empty square boxes on their left. I selected them
all and installed. It found some dependencies and installed those too, so I
now wonder if I chose updates for non-installed items which had as a result
their updated versions to be installed...

Ioannis Vranos