[WBEL-users] FrontPage

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:28:32 -0500

Ben Walker wrote:

>I have to run the Frontpage server extensions too.  I have not been able to
>get the downloads from Microsoft to work.  But you can grab the extensions
>from http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport.  The installation is pretty straight
>forward.  I am using the Frontpage 2002 (version 5) extensions.  They are
>backward compatible with 4.0 and work fine with 4.0 clients.  Although I
>have this running on a RH 9 machine (haven't migrated the production
>server to WBEL yet), it should work fine on WBEL I think, as it is based
>on RH 9.
>
>I am also using apache 2.0.  The installation compiles a mod_frontpage.so
>module that apache uses.  I haven't tried it with apache 1.3.
>
>  Ben Walker

Hmmm.. hit a snag here.. live and learn. So, I'm now introduced to apxs.
APeXtenSions or something like that. Well, seems they are not on WBEL
and my searches have yeilded very little information.

Did I miss installing a RPM somewhere? I find some reference to Apache
1.3, but little to 2.0. I assume the file existed on your RH9 box..
/usr/sbin/apxs?

Ideas anyone?

TIA
John Hinton