[Fwd: Re: [WBEL-users] Postfix or Sendmail]

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard@kcosc.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:29:28 -0600 (CST)

Stupid me.. typo..

Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Postfix or Sendmail
From:    "Joe Brouhard" <jbrouhard@kcosc.com>
Date:    Tue, March 30, 2004 1:28 pm
To:      whitebox-user@beau.org

> Ik also find the "Postfix is more secure. Sendmail is big ball with big
holes (at least in the past)."  very lame.
> Please give good arguments before takin' a crack on a outstanding
mailserver like Sendmail.

I do think that arguement is lame.  I've worked with both, tho I do find
Postfix to be easier to use.

> I do not say Postfix is worse..I think they have both pros and cons but
I am not going to tell that Sendmail is bad and not give any good
argument why it is such a bad decision.
> If I had to choose it is Sendmail for it's simplicity and it's
> virtusertable function which is not 100% implemented in Postfix (imho).

Actually, I run a virtual domain system and "virtual users" can be done in
Postfix.  it's very simple to set up.  OTOH, I'm using mysql for
authentication purposes <G>

--
Joe Brouhard
Chief of Information Services